The qualification is to raise awareness of protection and safeguarding in health and social care.
The topics covered include:
• Protection of vulnerable adults
• Safeguarding children
• Understand the terms ‘harm, abuse and neglect’ in context
• Know the actions to be taken when incidents of ‘harm, abuse and neglect’ are identified
• Understand confidentiality and sharing information
• Know who is responsible for safeguarding
• Identify organisations responsibilities
• Identify sources of information
Anyone who is considering a career in health and social care or who has an interest in finding out more about safeguarding.
This qualification can lead to further study or lead to employment in the health and social care sector.
You will be asked to complete an initial assessment when you attend your enrolment.
The course begins on the 9th or 16th October and lasts 2 weeks from commencement.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays 12.30 pm – 3.30 pm
Free (eligibility criteria applies). Cost if not elidgible for funding £100
The new cohort of A Level students joined Bury College staff and tutors to celebrate the launch of the brand new college centre.