|Course Title||Level 1 Award in Wood Operations|
This L1 Award provides an excellent practical introduction into the Wood Operations occupational area in order for learners to be able to progress with further training and employment within the construction sector. The learner will be given opportunity to understand the construction industry, the organisations and job roles within it.
The topics covered include
· Understand the construction industry and the organisations and job roles within it
· Examine the term, conditions and benefits of different jobs within the construction sector
· Observe good health and safety practice whilst carrying out a wood work task
· Carrying out a woodwork task according to a plan
· Work appropriately with materials and tools to carry out a woodwork task
· Learn how to fit door locks, skirting boards and develop Joinery skills
Anyone who is considering a career in woodwork or who has an interest in learning more about this skill.
This qualification can lead to further training and employment within the construction industry.
You will be asked to complete an initial assessment when you attend your enrolment. Suitable clothing and safety footwear will be required for practical workshop sessions.
Tuesday to Friday (1st week) 9.30 am – 4.00 pm
Monday to Thursday (2nd week) 9.30 am – 4.00 pm
Cost if not eligible for funding £190
A father from Bury has undertaken a Bury College apprenticeship and is realising his career dream of training to become an electrician.