|Course Title||BA (BA Hons) in Beauty Management Top Up|
The BA (Hons) top-up degree is an exciting new course taught at Bury College University Centre and validated by the University of Bolton. It is ideal if you have successfully completed a Foundation Degree or HND in a Beauty Management related topic and allows you to develop a greater understanding of your leadership and management skills and the practical experience you need to be able to manage a salon or start your own business. Theoretical concepts and knowledge will be underpinned by practical application through class based discussions and research. You will be given the opportunity to analyse a particular area of the industry that interests you through the undertaking of a dissertation. This course will give you a strong foundation for a variety of future careers in the Beauty Therapy industry. Throughout your studies you will be offered support in the development of relevant study skills such as academic, ICT, independent learning, communication and time management. The teaching and learning strategies typically used by tutors on the course include lectures, seminars, practical workshops and tutorial. You will also be expected to undertake a significant amount of independent study.
Successful completion of this course could enable you to progress into a wide variety of fields within the industry or onto postgraduate study.
• 64 UCAS points (including a media subject) and a creative portfolio or equivalent in an appropriate Level 3 qualification • You should also have five GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English Language • The college will also consider applicants who have passed a Kitemarked Access to Higher Education course (equivalent to 64 UCAS points) • You will be required to attend an interview and/or assessment • If you do not have the standard entry requirements but have the relevant work experience or an alternative qualification you may still be eligible for the course
• Major Project
• Small Business Enterprise Planning
• Strategic Management for Hair and Beauty Business
• Innovations and Developments in Beauty Salon Services
• Marketing Management in the Beauty Industry
You will be assessed by a variety of methods including written assignments.
The programme is informed by employers and recognises current developments in the Beauty Therapy industry Career and life skills such as leadership, team management and professional communication have been integrated into the programme to develop and enhance employability.
Class room based learning is supplemented by work based learning, industry visits and guest speakers Students consolidate and enhance their knowledge through the completion of independent research projects Experienced Beauty Therapy professionals and academics deliver on the programme.
All students receive an initial allocation of 600 print credits per academic year; additional credits can then be purchased if required. Photocopying facilities are available in the LRC at an additional cost.
Bury College celebrated success at this year’s Greater Manchester Skills for Business Awards. The college took home four awards in recognition of its exceptional commitment to providing learning opportunities to businesses, individuals and communities in Greater Manchester.