You are here | Home - Apprenticeships - Benefits of an apprenticeship
Benefits of an apprenticeship
Choosing an apprenticeship is a great way to get a head start in your career. Benefits include:
• Earn a wage whilst working towards a nationally recognised qualification that is valued by employers.
• The skills you gain are directly relevant to your job role, allowing you to tailor your training to your chosen career.
• Learning is flexible. Many apprenticeships are delivered solely in the workplace though some college attendance may be required.
• The chance to a range of transferable skills such as communication and team work.
• The opportunity to gain essential knowledge and qualifications in English, Maths and IT.
• Apprenticeships for 16-18 years old are fully funded by the Government so there is no cost for the professional training you will
receive. For apprentices aged over 19, a one-off certification fee may be payable by your employer.
Succeed at Bury College
Outstanding Choice • Outstanding Success Rates • Outstanding Progression
Please click the links below to download one of our Succeed Newsletters and read about our many individual Student Success Stories.
Succeed Newsletter Iss 19 (Download - PDF)
Archive - Previous Editions
Succeed Newsletter Iss 18 (Download - PDF)
Succeed Newsletter Iss 17 (Download - PDF)
Succeed Newsletter Iss 16 (Download - PDF)
Click here to view our success stories
For more information contact
The Employment Gateway
Unit 9, The Mall, Millgate Shopping Centre, Bury
0161 761 4685
Or email us at: email@example.com