You are here | Home - About Us - Bury College Facilities - IT Suites
Information Technology Suites
Bury College has two curriculum networks:
The PC network is based around Microsoft Server which serves:
- 12 IT suites at the Millennium Centre
- 13 IT suites at the Venture Centre
- 9 IT suites at the Woodbury Centre
- 8 IT suites at the Prospects Centre
- 9 IT suites at the Beacon Centre
- 3 IT suites at the Innovation Centre
- 4 IT suites at the Enterprise Centre
- 3 IT suites at the Construction Skills Centre
- 3 IT suites at the Endeavour Centre
- 1 IT suite at the Sports Centre
- 1 Open Access Area at the Woodbury, Prospects and Millennium Centre
Across our ten centres we have 2100+ curriculum PCs, which range from Intel i3 3Gb RAM up to i7 16GB RAM. Over the last few years, the college has invested heavily in the network infrastructure to provide a 40Gbps resilient backbone with a fully virtualised server environment and high-capacity SSD storage.
The network is based around Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 R2/2016 across all our virtual servers, with a mixture of Windows 7/10 for our client PCs, laptops and tablets.
Apple Mac Network
The Apple Mac network runs OS 10.9.x which serves:
- 3 Apple Mac (Media/Music) IT suites at the Millennium Centre
- 3 Apple Mac (Art/Music) IT suites at the Woodbury Centre
We have 180+ Intel-based Apple Macs in the Art and Music IT suites at the Woodbury Centre and the Music and Media IT suites at the Millennium Centre.
All students have access to the latest scanners and colour printers in the Open Access Areas of the college.
The College subscribes to the Microsoft Campus Licence which enables us to provide all students with access to the latest Microsoft software releases including Office 2016 and also students have access to the latest Adobe CC suite. In addition, we have multiple licences for various multimedia and educational software packages which are available throughout all the centres. As demand for online access grows, the College currently has a 1Gbit/s Internet connection to JANET, which provides connectivity for all our centres.
The networks are supported by the IT Services Team which consists of:
- Business Support Director of IT Services & Estates
- IT Services Manager
- 2 Senior System Support Officers
- 4 System Support Officers
- 3 Technical Support Assistants
• IT courses available at Bury College