You are here | Home - About Us - Equality and Diversity
Equality & Diversity Statement
Bury College is committed to promoting equality and diversity, in an inclusive and supportive environment for students, staff and our users and partners.
Everyone at Bury College will:
• Treat people fairly regard less of their gender, race, colour
ethnic or national origins, age, disability, socio-economic
background, religious or political beliefs and affiliations, marital
status, family responsibility, sexual orientation or other
• Recognise and value the many different contributions made by
individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
• Promote and maintain a safe and supportive environment for
study and work.
• Protect the rights of people to be treated with respect.
• Support individuals to fulfil their potential.
• Discriminatory behaviour is not acceptable in any form
Bury College has always supported what are regarded as fundamental British Values;
• The rule of law
• Individuality liberty
• Mutual respect for every individual
For further information on Equality and Diversity at
Bury College please contact:
Curriculum Director incorporating Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Bury College, Millennium Centre, Market Street, Bury, BL9 0DB